The Annual General Meeting of NEPS
The main body of the NEPS network is the “Annual General Meeting of the National Educational Panel Study”. It convenes once a year and consists of the members of the LIfBi Board of Directors, the signatories of the Network Charter, and elected staff representatives. At the center of consultations held by the AGM is the long-term strategic orientation of NEPS as well as plans for the research and service design of NEPS, which the Director presents to the Scientific Advisory Board for a statement and to the Board of Trustees for resolution.
Members of the Annual General Meeting with voting rights are:
a) The members of the LIfBi Board of Directors,
b) all NEPS network partners from the University of Bamberg that have signed the Network Charter,
c) all NEPS network partners from cooperation partners outside the University of Bamberg that have signed the Network Charter,
d) and elected staff representatives.
The NEPS Network Committee
The NEPS Network Committee holds strategic discussions on current and medium-term questions regarding the research and service activity of NEPS. It also deals with contentious issues in connection with the implementation of the research and service planning of NEPS.
The Network Committee consists of:
• The members of the LIfBi Board of Directors,
• the elected Chairperson of the NEPS Annual General Meeting as well as his/her deputy,
• elected representatives of the network partners, as well as
• elected staff representatives.
In the 3rd Meeting of the Annual General Meeting on February 16, 2016, the Chairpersons of the AGM were newly elected:
• Chairman: This Position is vacant since April 1st 2017,
• Vice Chairman: Thorsten Schneider, Universität Leipzig.
These two persons preside over the AGM, issue invitations, and conduct proceedings. Furthermore, in their capacity as Chairperson of the AGM they are automatically also on the Network Committee of the National Educational Panel Study.
In the 3rd Meeting of the Annual General Meeting the following persons were elected to be on the Network Committee:
• Cordula Artelt, Otto-Friedrich-Universität Bamberg
• Claus H. Carstensen, Otto-Friedrich-Universität Bamberg
• Cornelia Kristen, Otto-Friedrich-Universität Bamberg
• Olaf Köller, IPN–Leibniz-Institute for Science and Mathematics Education at the University of Kiel,
• Monika Jungbauer-Gans, Deutsches Zentrum für Hochschul- und Wissenschaftsforschung Hannover
• Heike Solga, Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin für Sozialforschung
NEPS Full Staff Meeting
All staff members of the Institute (LIfBi staff) as well as all staff members of network partners at the University of Bamberg and at our currently contracted cooperation partners (network staff) are eligible to vote in the Full Staff Meeting, provided that they are actively engaged in NEPS.