Yes, files can be exchanged. This will be verified for content-related and technical purposes during import and export by the Research Data Center staff, and additionally archived on our systems.
There is a specific drive (X: "exchange") on the RemoteNEPS-Desktop for the import and export of files.
In order to export data, store it in "X:\export". Afterwards, log on to the NEPS web site (not the RemoteNEPS!) with your User-ID and open the RemoteNEPS website. In the right column you will find the Import- and Export-Control. Click on "Export" and confirm the displayed information. Your files will then be suspended for verification. As soon as your files are verified, you will be contacted by email and, after logging on to the NEPS web site, you may download the files (right column, Exports).
The process for importing is exactly reversed:
1. Log on to the NEPS website
2. Open the RemoteNEPS website
3. Right column, RemoteNEPS, Import-Button
4. Upload preferred file (if several files, please pack as ZIP file without password)
5. [Verification of files by Research Data Center staff]
6. [Notification via email as soon as import is available]
7. You can open the files on the RemoteNEPS desktop under “X:/import”